Tuesday, November 15, 2011

State Of The Blog

I've been mulling over the trouble I've had deciding exactly how to use this blog. As someone who has traditionally shared very little about her health, how much of myself do I really want to put out there? Do I want to lay out every single (frequent, tedious) medication change or post only when something is particularly funny? What is helpful to other people? I've been avoiding posting here until I have something substantial to talk about. Of course, a few substantial events have gone by and I still haven't written anything.

This post arrives on the heels of yet another bust in the process of figuring out this whole lightheaded/fainting business. My general practitioner thought some new lab results might finally be a big deal, but the endocrinologist did not agree. I learned a long time ago to not get excited about something until it actually happens, therefore I was not heartbroken over the news. It's still a bummer that the mystery endures.

I love that I have so many people in my life who care about what is happening and want to help, and I truly appreciate the effort. The business of telling the world (especially through social media) all about my experiences has been empowering, but hugely exhausting. I've decided to go back to keeping most of the details to myself unless they ask to live inside this blog. I have additional ideas for this space, such as to spotlight other individuals with invisible disabilities and any related organizations. So...I guess I'll get on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment